Whether you’re looking to resell your home or simply want a good investment, the state of your lawn and landscaping can have a significant impact on its value. With that in mind, check out our list of tips for increasing your home’s value with the help of a professionally landscaped home!
If you are considering investing in professional landscaping for your home, keep these benefits in mind.
1. Increase Your Home Value
If you are considering selling your home in the future or want to settle down for a while, investing in professional landscaping is a great way to increase the value of your home. Landscape design can add curb appeal to your home and make it more inviting to guests and future buyers.
A beautiful and well-landscaped yard can add as much as 10% to the value of your home. Potential buyers will see your yard as an investment that they don’t have to put any work into.
2. Enhance Your Outdoor Living
Investing in professional landscaping is also a great way to make your yard more enjoyable to spend time in. You’ll be able to relax in your own backyard oasis and enjoy the fruits of someone else’s labor. Landscaping can also provide a place to entertain guests and host outdoor parties.
3. Save Money Over Time
A well-designed landscape can help you save money on your energy bills by providing shade in the summer and insulation in the winter. Consider adding a shade awning to your space so you can feel comfortable in your outdoor living environments all year round.
Shade awnings can protect your skin from UV rays and help you stay cool during hotter months. Coverage can also prevent drapes, decor or furniture from fading over time so they remain beautiful and last longer.
4. Improve Your Air Quality
Finally, professional landscaping can improve the air quality around your home. Plants and trees help to filter out pollutants and improve the air quality in your environment. This is especially important if you live in an urban area where air pollution is a problem.
Landscaping with water features can also reduce noise pollution and provide a place for wildlife to thrive. When you meet with your landscape designer, you can explore ways to add water elements like a waterfall, fountain or pond to your space.
Landscape Design Tips
Great landscaping begins with careful and strategic planning. There are a few things to keep in mind when designing your landscape:
- Size and dimensions: Factor in your yard’s size and how much space you have to work with. A landscaping designer can plan how to make the best use of your space while considering your aesthetic preferences and goals.
- Landscape elements: Decide which features you would like to include. There are many landscaping details to consider, such as plants, grass, lighting, decorative pavers, fire pits, water features, retaining walls, shade awnings and other fixtures.
- Project budget: Consider your budget and how much you will spend on landscape design. A professional landscaping company can estimate how much their services and solutions cost for your project.
How Does Professional Landscaping Work?
A professional landscaper will consider the size and layout of your property, as well as your personal preferences, when designing a landscape for your home. They will then create a plan that includes planting beds, walkways, patios and other features.
Some landscaping companies use state-of-the-art technology to create digital renderings of your project. These realistic and highly detailed designs show how your outdoor area’s components will look together, so you can feel confident with each choice.
Once the plan is approved, the landscaper will begin installing the landscape. This process usually takes several weeks to complete.
Benefits of Professional Landscaping
Hiring professionals specializing in landscape design, architecture and construction makes it easier to make your dream patio, garden or yard a reality. Here are some benefits of investing in professional landscaping for your home:
- Knowledge and experience: Professional landscapers have the knowledge and experience to create a beautiful landscape that will last for years. They will also be able to advise you on the best plants and features to include in your landscape to suit your needs.
- Guarantees and warranties: A professional landscape company will be able to provide you with a warranty on their work. This quality assurance gives you peace of mind that your investment is protected in case something goes wrong.
- Proper equipment and skills: Landscaping can be a big job and is often best left to the professionals. They have the equipment and workforce to do the job quickly and efficiently.
Choosing Your Professional Landscaping Company
When deciding to invest in your landscaping, follow these tips for finding a company to work with:
- Get recommendations: Ask your friends and family if they have any positive experiences with landscapers nearby. Some companies offer referral rewards and bonuses, which could help you and your loved ones save money on projects you want to pursue.
- Look for company credentials: Check whether the company or its professionals are licensed, bonded and insured. You’ll want to ensure your hiring professionals are fully covered or offer guarantees to protect your investments.
- Research their history and experience: Look at the company’s website to learn when they began their landscaping business. Hire knowledgeable and experienced professionals who seem like leaders in their field.
- Read some of their recent company reviews: Complete a quick Google search for the landscaping company to see some of their reviews. Determine whether clients leave good feedback about the services provided.
- Pick a team with excellent customer service: Contact the landscaping company you want to work with and see whether they answer your calls or respond in a timely answer with helpful answers. You’ll want to work with a friendly team offering a collaborative experience during the brainstorming stages and valuable recommendations that suit your preferences.
FAQs About Investing in Professional Landscaping
Learn more about investing in your landscaping from these common questions and answers.
Is Landscaping a Good Investment?
Yes, landscaping is worth the investment. Investing in professional landscaping for your home can add value to your property and make it more enjoyable to live in. A well-designed landscape can also help improve your home’s curb appeal, making it more attractive to potential buyers if you ever decide to sell.
Does Landscaping Increase Home Appraisal?
Yes, professional landscaping can boost your property’s worth. A designer can work with you to make the most use of your space with high-quality and aesthetically pleasing features. Lighting, fire pits, garden paths, swimming pools and ponds are popular and valuable additions to outdoor living areas.
What Is the Average Landscaping Return on Investment (ROI)?
According to the National Association of Realtors, homeowners can expect to gain a full ROI for landscaping. Some high-ROI professional landscaping services include lawn care, landscape maintenance, overall landscape upgrades and outdoor kitchens.
Get in Touch With JTB Landscapers Today
If you’d like to add style and value to your property, JTB Landscapers can provide your needed landscaping services. Our professionals specialize in landscape design, architecture and construction in and around Henderson and Las Vegas, Nevada.
We offer various ways to enhance your outdoor living spaces with artificial grass, putting green, decorative pavers, water features, fire pits, shade awnings and more. Our experts meet with you on-site to discuss your inspiration and develop a plan for your project, free of charge.
We have a friendly team member available to answer your calls seven days a week. To learn more about our landscaping solutions, call us at 702-487-3348 or fill out a contact form online!